Pages

Sunday 20 November 2011

This is your life. Do what you love. Do it often.


Of all the cliché's and all the phrases that are overused and way too familiar...
Be Yourself
is probably the only one that is true and worth repeating over and over again, just on the off chance
people will move their eyes up from the ground, look up and listen to you.

It's not as easy as it sounds though, am I right? Two simple words... who knew it would be so hard.
When people are pointing and laughing, secretly and not-so-secretly judging every move you make every moment. When every form of media is telling you what you should like and what you shouldn't, how you should look, how you should dress... above all, how you should be?!
How are you supposed to be yourself when all that is being shoved down your throat?

Well... some people ignore it, some people can handle it and carry on with their lives regardless, because they know better than to believe in media sh!t.
And then there's me...
I'm somewhere in between or possibly on a whole new page in a completely different book.
I can't tell you the last time I picked up a magazine or newspaper, I'm not interested in knowing who's doing what with who and why.
Sure it's on the Internet too, but I move on, close the page, it only takes a click to do that.
It's all bullsh!t to me. It's disregarded.

Once upon a time, it bothered me... Peoples stares, comments & laughter. 
But I learnt that life's too short to be anyone but myself. There's no better person to be.

So people will laugh, they will stare, they will judge and yeah, it'll hurt sometimes.
So be it. Let them. Stay strong minded, remember who you are and 
Be 'you'... No one can tell you you're doing it wrong.

In summer, when everyone else is wearing sandals, wear cowboy boots.
Then, the next day, wear biker boots. 
Smile when they stare and laugh, point to your freak necklace when they call you a 'freak' in the middle of the street. Thank them, walk away with your head held high.
Make sure everyone knows you're perfectly happy with who are you even if they aren't.

Well, that's what I'm doing anyway.
Who am I to tell you what to do... that's up to you.

Follow The Little Golden Book

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post :) And so true.

    Also, your blog design is GORGEOUS, the colours are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Charlotte - Thank you for reading :) & I'm glad you like it ♥

    ReplyDelete